Barneys Club started in 2001 as an After School Club for local children attending Barnabas Oley CE Primary School to help parents meet the demands of their working day.
Over the years Barneys has grown and now we are pleased to offer Before and After School care, as well as Holiday Club to all children from the surrounding Villages.
We like to think of ourselves as the "Ultimate Play date", where your children can come along and be loud, have lots of fun and hang out with lots of friends all at one time, whether you work or just want the kids to go have some social time during the long School Holidays!
Barneys offers a safe place to play, socialise and relax in a happy and secure environment. We're an Ofsted-registered ‘not-for-profit’ organisation run by a volunteer committee and we employ a professionally qualified Manager and staff.
We accept children aged between 4 and 11 and are Ofsted registered to care for Pre-school children too. However, as there is excellent existing provision for pre-school children in the village, we only accept younger children in exceptional circumstances.
Barneys Club aims to:
- Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment for all children to play, learn and develop freely
- Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and co-operative individuals
- Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people
- Promote a positive relationship with parents/carers and Barnabas Oley School and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children
- Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community
- Undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that the Club continues to meet the needs of children and parents/carers
- Work in partnership with Cambridgeshire County Council, and other Local Groups.
Barneys Club is committed to meeting the needs of children, parents and carers by:
- Listening and responding to their views and concerns
- Keeping them informed of our policies and procedures, including opening times, fees and charges, and programmes of activities
- Sharing and discussing their child’s achievements, experiences, progress and friendships, along with any difficulties that may arise.
Barneys Club is committed to:
- Offering a wide range of play and activities that respond to children’s needs
- Providing access to a variety of facilities and equipment under safe and supervised conditions
- Ensuring the staff team is experienced, well trained and properly supported
- Offering a service that meets the conditions of the Children’s Act 1989 and all other relevant childcare legislation, wherever they apply
- Providing an environment where no child is bullied or suffers discrimination of any form.
We hold an AGM in the Autumn term where parents/carers can find out everything we've been up to. We're always on the lookout for enthusiastic people to join our friendly committee and new committee members normally join us at the AGM to help shape Barneys Club's future development.